Cisco Systems International / Ltd (13 years)
Role Synopsis: Solution and relationship development, client presentation, pre sales support to account management and Cisco business units. Development of industrial mobility, UCC and IP wireline based sales in the sectors of transport, energy, government, carrier /service provider solutions.
- Executive Distance 3yr MBA – Henley Management College - 2006.
- B.Sc. (Hon's) Computing Informatics - 1st, University Of Plymouth, 1995
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Plymouth 1990
Career / Professional Achievements
June 2010 - Present: Cisco Systems Ltd – Senior Sales & Business Development Manager – EU/Emerging Markets . Team : Service Provider Market Vertical Industry Development
Role Synopsis: Solution and relationship development, client presentation, pre sales support to account management and Cisco business units. Development of industrial mobility and IP wireline based sales in the sectors of transport, energy, government, carrier /service provider solutions.
- Co-led the UK transport team developing several successful Network Rail proposals with the creation of service provider carrier class solutions (Mission Critical MPLS* / Metro Ethernet / IP NGN**) and IP SCADA*** Telemetry.
- Partner/ Channel alliance development.
- Developed Cisco's rail smart grid / Rail Electrification IP solutions involving the new IEC 61850 substation protocols/ SCADA systems for industrial automation.
- Key advisor across sales business units on licensing / product position and sales pricing for innovative purchasing e.g. pay as grow modelling.
- Consultation to variety of sales initiatives across Middle East / South Africa , Europe in Airports / Rail critical communications infrastructures (e.g. Saudi, UAE, South Africa).
- Partner alliance and sales channel development for Airline, Airport data communication messaging into Saudi Airports, (A joint Avfinity Inc and Cisco proposal).
- Creation of managed services proposals e.g. telemetry as a service (M2M based) for industrial areas and themes such as virtual service provider.
(*Multi Protocol Label Switched – ** IP Next Generation Networks – SCADA Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition – M2M Machine to Machine )
July 2009 - May 2010 : Cisco International Ltd – Enterprise Services Sales & Business Development Manager . Team: Emerging Markets Manages Service Industry Development
Role Synopsis: Sales development in the areas of managed service concepts for enterprise strategic accounts. Identification of alternate sales approaches and models into sectors of Financial Services, Transport authorities, and key industries such as Energy/Oil and Gas. Key client presentation and relationship development
- I took ownership for the development and reporting of strategic acccount sales opportunities – SFDC , pipelines.
- Key owner of the extended account and channel team, leading their sales value propositions of fixed and mobile IP.
- Developed new vertical business models using ideas such as the virtual service provider.
June 2007 - June 2009 : Cisco International Ltd – Sales Business Development Manager
Team : Emerging Markets Enterprise Sales (Transport / Mass Transit Sector)
Role Synopsis: Sales development in the transportation sector. Working with clients and local country resource to develop innovative communications and telecoms sales proposals for key transport domains.
- I had responsibility for sales and development across strategic accounts with account relationship development (including GACA – Civil Aviation Saudi, Brasil - Infraero, Mexican Airlines , ACSA – South Africa)
- Responsibilities also included weekly sales monitoring and reporting (SFDC Commit/Upside) of cross segment sales pipeline 40 M$.
- Developed new partners in the transport sector for Cisco partnering / and adjacent technology providers.
- The Creation of replicable transport business models e.g. mobility (Context aware B2B, B2E services) , security, message handling, voice technology and services for "connected transport" offers .
May 2006 - July 2007 : Cisco International Ltd –Channel Business Development Manager
Team : Emerging Markets Service Provider Channels
Role Synopsis: Liasing with Service Providers to develop the technology sales channel with a focus on the ability to Sell through them into a number of key segments.
- Sales channel development and reporting of partner channel capacity for the service provider market.
- Working with channel enablement teams to improve skills and to help certify channel partners.
- Analysis of Service Providers business needs with focus upon managed service and technologies. (examples included Wimax Radio, IP TV, IP NGN core, SP hosted Voice solutions)
- Established close link with the Emerging SP sales organization
- Examples included UAE du and Dubai's Metro Rail Wifi solutions.
December 2003 - May 2006 : Cisco Systems Ltd –Sales Business Development Manager
Team : Enterpise Transportation Marketing
Role Synopsis: Enterprise Transportation Sales & Channel Development Manager.
Channel development for the transportation sector across. Development of partner and Service Provider led solutions for public sector / transport solution offerings. Succesful examples include IP telephony for EWS Railways, Wireless for Southampton Seaport with LXE inc, and with context aware wireless working from Appear Networks Ltd for the Netherlands Railway.